997/991 GT3 – Racing Active Side Muffler Bypass Pipe
More Sound. More Power. No Drone.
Are you looking for more sound out of your 997/991 GT3 without sacrificing street drivability? Look no further than the TPC Racing Active Side Muffler Bypass pipe. It provides cup car sound and performance when you want it, while eliminating unwanted cabin drone and excessive noise in normal street conditions. All this while improving performance and handling.
How it works
Using a factory-style actuator-controlled valve, the TPC Racing Active Side Muffler Bypass System provides cup car sound and performance in higher rpm/higher load ranges, while eliminating unwanted cabin drone and excessive noise. Its lightweight design saves 40 lbs from the OEM side mufflers, resulting in improved handling. Better exhaust flow management allows for increased torque between 2,600 and 5,600 rpm, as well as increased horsepower between 5-8,250 rpm.
• 40 lb. Weight Reduction from OEM
• Factory-Style Actuator-Controlled valve
• Metal Flex Joint for Easy Installation/Proper Fitment
• Metal Flex Joint Reduces Chance of Center Muffler Fatigue
• Machined/Fabricated In-House
• Each Unit is Handmade in the USA
• Stainless Steel Construction with Brush Finish
- The first is a cruise mode in which the valves will open later and at higher exhaust pressure levels.This allows for a quieter and more comfortable drive.
- The second is a sport mode which allows a quicker opening of the valves for a more aggressive style of driving.
- The third mode leaves the valves in the open position. This is oriented towards track use where higher rpm and constant full throttle application requires a freeflow of exhaust gases.
The iconic CAPRISTO Valved Exhaust System offers the best of both worlds through its capability to produce an aggressive exhaust note under acceleration, and a more subdued sound for city driving. At lower engine speeds and during cruise operation the valves are closed and produce a deeper exhaust note. At wide-open throttle the valves open, releasing the full symphony of the engine.
The opening or closing of the CAPRISTO valves are controlled by the CES-3 Programmable Control Module, which provides the ability to open and close the valves at a touch of a button.
The programmable control unit provides 3 modes operated via a remote key fob:
Cruise Exhaust valves open at higher RPMs
Sport Exhaust valves open at lower RPMs and hard acceleration
Open Exhaust Valves Remain Open
Both the Cruise and Sport mode can be individually programmed for specific backpressure allowances to determine when the exhaust valves open. This allows precise control of the exhaust based on the drivers personal tastes and tolerance.
CAPRISTO Exhaust systems are engineered and manufactured utilizing advanced 3D Laser-Scanning, CAD Design, Digital prototyping, and CNC-bending/milling at our factory in Germany. Each system is made of high-grade T309 (1.4828) Stainless Steel and hand polished to a mirror finish. After extensive research, this specific alloy was chosen for its sonic resonance properties, low weight, and durability which are close to the properties of Inconel (used in F1).
- Porsche 987 Boxster Mk1 Valved Exhaust System
- 200 Cell High Flow Catalytic Converters
- High Flow Headers
- Programmable Remote Control (CES-3)
- Polished Tips