In our quest for better performance from our TPC Racing Cayman/Boxster Turbo vehicles, we realized the one weak spot, would be with the factory clutch. While the OEM units will last for many miles under normal street driving conditions, under high performance conditions, the OEM clutch will begin to prematurely wear and eventually slip. This is why we decided to create a complete upgrade system that includes a Lightweight Flywheel as well as an upgraded clutch.
The TPC Racing Pro Series Lightweight Flywheel is machined out of T-6061 aircraft-grade aluminum. Weighing in at only 12.5lbs, the Pro Series Lightweight Flywheel weighs half af much as the OEM unit. This reduced mass will allow the motor to accelerate/decelerate more freely, producing much snappier engine responsiveness, and easier rev-matching on downshifts. This flywheel has been specially designed to mate to a Porsche X51 Clutch assembly. This package provides the driver with the improved performance of a lightweight flywheel, and the increased clamping power of the X51 Clutch/Disc. However, with this extra clamping force does not come a dramatically heavier pedal. While pedal force is increased slightly, it is still no more than you would expect from a Porsche street car.
When installed in conjunction with the TPC Racing Turbo Kit, the driver will find that they are into boost even faster, and the RPMs will build even more quickly, really turning the Cayman into a whole different animal.
This combination has been proven to hold 500whp.
- TPC Racing Proprietary Turbocharger (capable of producing up to 600HP)
- TPC Racing Liquid-to-Air Intercooler
- TPC Racing Custom Molded Silicone Tubing
- TPC Racing 987/986 Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust System
- TPC Racing Cast Intake Plenum
- TPC Racing Custom Turbo and Intercooler Brackets
- High Performance Injectors
- Air Intake Duct
- High Performance Cone Filter
- Oil Feed and Return Lines
- High Flow Coolant Pump and Harness for Liquid-to-Air Intercooler
- TPC Racing Custom ECU Flash Tune
- All Hardware/Fittings/Hoses Necessary for Complete Installation