Porsche 981/982 Boxster, Cayman, GT4, 718 – Valved Exhaust System (Incl. Remote)
This Package Includes:
- Porsche Boxster, Cayman, Gt4 981 Valved Exhaust System
- Porsche Boxster, Cayman, Gt4 981 Polished Tips
- CES-3 Programmable Remote
Porsche 981/982 Boxster, Cayman, GT4, 718 –
Valved Exhaust System (Incl. Remote)
*fits 718 Boxster/Cayman including S and GTS*
**PSE Equipped cars do NOT use the CES-3 control module as they work with the factory PSE Valve Control**
The iconic CAPRISTO Valved Exhaust System offers the best of both worlds through its capability to produce an aggressive exhaust note under acceleration, and a more subdued sound for city driving.
This feature is possible using vacuum-actuated valve flaps that open and close depending on driving conditions and input from the driver. At lower engine speeds and during cruise operation the valves are closed and produce a deeper exhaust note. At wide-open throttle, the valves open releasing the full symphony of the engine.
The exhaust valves are backpressure-controlled and user programmable via the included CES-3 Control Module. The programmable control unit provides 3 modes operated via a remote key fob:
Cruise Exhaust valves open at higher RPMs
Sport Exhaust valves open at lower RPMs and hard acceleration
Open Exhaust Valves Remain Open
Both the Cruise and Sport mode can be individually programmed for specific backpressure allowances to determine when the exhaust valves open. This allows precise control of the exhaust based on the drivers personal tastes and tolerance.
CAPRISTO Exhaust systems are engineered and manufactured utilizing advanced 3D Laser-Scanning, CAD Design, Digital prototyping, and CNC-bending/milling at our factory in Germany. Each system is made of high-grade T309 (1.4828) Stainless Steel and hand polished to a mirror finish. After extensive research, this specific alloy was chosen for its sonic resonance properties, low weight, and durability which are close to the properties of Inconel (used in F1).
*The exhaust system is designed to be installed directly into existing OEM mounting points*
- Porsche 997 Turbo/Turbo S/GT2/GT2 RS Valved Exhaust System
- Cat Delete Test Pipes
- Ceramic Coated Exhaus Tips
- CES-3 Programmable Remote
- Porsche 987 Boxster Mk1 Valved Exhaust System
- 200 Cell High Flow Catalytic Converters
- High Flow Headers
- Programmable Remote Control (CES-3)
- Polished Tips
- In-house made aircraft mandrel-bend corner pipes with sound active valves
- CNC machined exhaust-to-transmission bracket
- OEM GT3 tips or TPC Racing Stainless Exhaust Tips
- Not Included: OEM GT3 muffler (straps, side flanges and gaskets)
- The first is a cruise mode in which the valves will open later and at higher exhaust pressure levels.This allows for a quieter and more comfortable drive.
- The second is a sport mode which allows a quicker opening of the valves for a more aggressive style of driving.
- The third mode leaves the valves in the open position. This is oriented towards track use where higher rpm and constant full throttle application requires a freeflow of exhaust gases.